Give Money Digitally
• Decide how much money you’ll give away.
• Put an announcement on social media inviting people to send you their digital wallet payment details (Venmo, PayPal, etc.), explaining that you will send the first X number of people to comment some money, and ask them to pass half on to someone else.
• Here is a sample text you can use or adapt: It’s #FreeMoneyDay! I’ll send $2 to the first 20 people to DM me their Venmo username or PayPal email. The idea behind Free Money Day is to give two bills or coins to a complete stranger with the request that they pass half on to someone else.
• Send out the money to those who contact you, until you reach your set amount.
• Once enough people have contacted you, edit or comment on your original post to say that the offer has ended.
• Feel free to engage with people who are interested in discussing more, and share the website: www.freemoneyday.org
Don’t forget to share your stories, photos, and videos!
• Let us know how much money you gave away and what happened – how long did it take before someone asked what it was all about? How were the overall reactions? What did people want to discuss, if anything?
• Tweet about the event using the hashtag #freemoneyday and link to us at @freemoneyday; post a story to your Facebook profile and tag the Free Money Day Facebook page (‘like’ the page first, then use the ‘@’ sign to tag from a drop down list); write a blog post.